Monday, May 10, 2010

The Wonderful World of Toothpaste


I had mentioned making toothpaste in one of my previous blogs so I thought I should give you an update and share the recipe.  This recipe is not good it is actually awesome.  I will not use store bought toothpaste again.  Alf actually brought a  good size tube of fancy paste home from his parents house and it totally pales in comparison.  This toothpaste is whitening my teeth, and keeping them feeling shiny like when you get your teeth cleaned at the dentist and it leaves your mouth minty fresh.  So try it.

Toothpaste Recipe

Ingredients:
6 tsp baking soda
1/3 tsp salt
4 tsp vegetable glycerin ( can me found at whole foods in the skincare area)
4+ drops of peppermint oil ( add the oil to taste )
2 packets or splenda or sweetener of choice.

Mix all ingredients to a paste-like consistency. store in an airtight container.
That's it.

I have mine in a little tupperware in the bathroom.
Alf says he prefers it over the other toothpaste too so I have to gives little experiment an A+.

No comments:

Post a Comment