Monday, May 3, 2010

Liquid Hand Soap Recipe


I made some hand soap today since I had some glycerin I bought to make toothpaste yesterday (which came out great), I figured I would go ahead and make some handsoap since we needed some and well I had the time. So here is part of the batch. I think it came out well.

Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipe


Ingredients:

1 bar of soap or soap scraps you have on hand

7 cups water

1 TBS glycerin

1 TBS honey

peppermint oil

lavender oil


1. Grate the bar of soap.

2. Pour 1 cup of boiling water into a blender with the grated soap and set it on “whip.”

3. Add 1 TBS of glycerin, 1 TBS honey, 7 drops of peppermint oil, and 7 drops of lavender oil. Stir.

4. Let the mixture cool for 15 or 20 minutes and then “whip” it again.

5. Add cold water until the mixture measures 6 cups total.

6. Whip the mixture again.

7. Pour the mixture into a storage container without the lid and let it cool.

8. Fill a pump dispenser with your soap. Be sure to shake well before using.


The cherry tree and the apricot tree are sprouting pretty little fruities!

No comments:

Post a Comment