Sunday, April 4, 2010

Real Easter Eggs!!


We got a special delivery this morning from my dad who has recently gotten the hook-up on eggs. Since I can't really get chickens till we move I have had to succumb to buying overpriced organic local farm eggs. I do feel good about eating them but conflicted knowing it would be easy to get my own eggs everyday if we weren't moving. Anyway this morning we went to visit my dad's church and he asked me if I could take his eggs and keep them in my fridge so I went in to get them and there on his desk was a whole coffee container full of beautiful colored eggs!! Someone from his church supplies some local growers markets with eggs and has adopted my dad into his egg stash family. My dad was surprised at my excitement and told me I could take as many as I would use. I did leave some for him even though I would use them all. Anyway it was exciting to get such a great gift on easter. In return I took one of my sangria experiments over for easter lunch and it was delicious! Everyone else agreed, although they will not be commenting on the organic, no hormone, hotdogs I brought as well;)

Citrus Sangria Recipe ( the pic is what was left after lunch )

1 Bottle of cheap Chardonney your hubby gifted you ( or similar white wine)
2/3 cup white sugar
3 oranges
1 lemon
1 lime
1/2 liter club soda

The night before, Pour wine into a large pitcher. Cut lime and lemon and orange into wedges an squeeze the juice into the wine and drop wedges into the pitcher(try to take out seeds if possible). Add sugar. Put into fridge to sit overnight. When you are ready to serve add the club soda and serve over ice. If you want it sweeter you can use ginger ale instead of the club soda. Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment