Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finally with the Chickens!!

So we have been putting off getting chickens because we had hoped to be moving to Kentucky and then all our plans changed and we are staying here in Albuquerque and so I am moving forward with all my Kentucky plans here. So the first thing on my list was get the garden going which I have started and is slowing creeping over the whole yard I will take pics next time.  Alf actually suggested we get rid of our front lawn and plant veggies that is how much I have converted him to my crazy ways!! The second thing that needed to happen was chicken so we went this weekend and got our nice little flock of five.  They are in the super cute stage still and we are all having a blast watching them do their little chicken things like trying to fly and fighting over invisible things and straw.

I also finished my first self watering container and am planning a larger one very soon.  I am hoping to start the master gardener course here but am looking at the application and it is slightly intimidating so I will keep you posted.

I haven't been posting as much since Alfy has been doing webwork and currently has the run of the computer but he will be getting a work computer and I will be getting old betsy.  So I will post a ton more. I have so many things to talk about but for now just wanted to let you know what was up:)

No comments:

Post a Comment